Monday 7 September 2015

The Festival Vibe


So far I've realised that Writer's Festivals consist of coffee, writers, books, coffee, reading, discussion and coffee. The amount of lattes I consumed this weekend is overwhelming.

The Bendigo Writer's Festival has had it's own unique atmosphere. The 'festival bubble' which the
Writer's in Action students have been a part of has encircled us as writers and readers. We've been wrapped up in a bustle of running to sessions, running for coffee, and running to the Ulumbarra Theater so we're not late. Being surrounded by so many different writers has opened my eyes to the endless possibilities for writing. More importantly, the question that forever floats around my head "would anyone want to actually read something that I wrote?" has been answered.
The answer is yes.

There's an audience for everything, and even if I were to have one reader, it would be worth it right? Writing is about exploring the very deep recesses of our minds, and then scribbling some words down on paper. But sometimes those words can be pretty good. Also apparently coffee seems to help too- as I've mentioned.

The Bendigo Writers Festival 2015 has been more than I had hoped for, and exceeded my expectations far more than I imagined. After basically having a panic attack the Wednesday before, I had an amazing time that I had to realise; "Wait, this was a class for Uni? Oh, cool! That's a bonus!"
Plus writing a blog has fun, it's like a diary but..... not. -Wow, profound.

I'm sure David Astle would agree with me when I say any area in Bendigo besides View Street this weekend has been beyond the goats cheese curtain. Because let's face it, who else goes to Writers Festival besides school groups and hipsters? But I mean, I fit into both of those groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment